Local Governing Body Information
The Local Governing Body
The Local Governing Body is a key part of the WISE Governance structure. Each academy in the trust has its own Local Governing Body who work with the Head Teacher to ensure the Academy is providing high quality education for its pupils.
The Local Governing Body is focused upon the individual school contexts, monitoring standards and achievement and their local community needs and aspirations. The Local Governing Body will help to improve academic standards by ensuring Trust policies are implemented and will support effective communications between the Academy and its stakeholders.
- The Local Governing Body is focused upon the individual school contexts, monitoring standards and achievement and their local community needs and aspirations.
- Helping in setting strategic priorities and plans
- Role in monitoring standards and achievement within the school
- Ensuring Trust policies are implemented
- Engaging with parents to understand their feedback about the school
- Work positively with the local community to support pupils' education
- Supporting and positively challenging practices within the school